Position: Mechanical Engineer
Chestnut Engineering is a fast growing consulting MEP Engineering Firm located in Ardmore, PA that was founded in 2015. Our projects are interesting and diverse, ranging from breweries and restaurant to colleges and universities.
We are seeking a well-rounded, bright, and driven Mechanical Engineer with 3-10 years of experience to join our firm. A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering is required. EIT certification is required and a PE License or intent to obtain a PE license is preferred.
This position will be responsible for the design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems in commercial and multi-family residential buildings.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills
- Ability to work at a small, fun, fast growing, and enthusiastic firm
- Report and letter writing, from Basis of Design to site visit reports
- Familiarity with calculation software such as HAP, Trace and Elite
- Knowledge of building codes and standards
- Mechanical load calculations, plumbing distribution and systems design, fire protection calculations, and related contract documents and specification writing
- Multi-disciplinary coordination capabilities
- Survey, conditions assessment, master planning, design, and report writing
- AutoCAD proficiency required, Revit Proficiency preferred
- Self driven with a take charge attitude
- Problem solving skills
Compensation package includes medical/dental plans, paid holidays, vacation, salary (based on experience), bonuses, and transportation/parking pass.
Please submit cover letter and resume, referencing this posting, to firstname.lastname@example.org